Undoubtedly, the use of temporary structures by different sectors has increased all over the world. Of course, this is a result of the numerous advantages they offer. The sports sector has applied the use of temporary sports facilities in many ways such as the use of sports halls, canopies and shades, sports equipment storage facilities, and many others.
While fabric exteriors supported by a sturdy steel frame are very popular, other materials are also used. Fortunately, many providers of these structures have become more innovative than ever and will always advise you on the best type of structure for specific sports-related needs.
That said, let us look at the temporary sports facilities topic in detail to help anyone searching for the solution to make well-informed decisions.
Types of Temporary Sports Facilities
If you are looking to use temporary sports facilities, then you should know the different options you have. Although the types depend on what the service provider has to offer, you can choose based on the use. The good thing is that most of the structures are turnkey solutions to suit the needs of the client. All in all, these are the common types of sports facilities you can select.
- Auto sports facilities – These temporary sports facilities are designed to shield facilitators of outdoor auto sports and their equipment. For example, branded fabric tents or canopies are used at the starting point of a racing sports track to protect equipment and offer shelter to people. They could also be complete structures with doors for storage of auto equipment.
- Indoor sports halls – Many sports organizations and sponsors are now making use of temporary sports facilities to make large indoor sports halls designed for sports such as swimming, table tennis, hockey, and others. These could be large turnkey or customized solutions depending on what the client wants. Often, such sports structures are fitted with amenities such as lighting and ventilation.
- School sports halls – Schools also order temporary sports facilities for their students. These could be similar to the indoor sports halls we have discussed, but schools need them to be more versatile and flexible to suit other purposes such as assembly halls, examination halls, or dining halls. They are made of similar materials, but panels that can make them smaller or bigger are suitable in this case.
- Arena sports canopies – These are totally customized shades installed in sports stadiums. They are large to offer shade to spectators. Innovative ideas such as sturdy frames are important in this case to ensure that users are as safe as possible.
Considerations When Buying Temporary Sports Facilities
Now that you know the available options, you should know the considerations to make before buying these structures. Although the experts have a lot of information and advice for you, it is important to have some background knowledge. We will mention the essential considerations here, but checking this website will give you more insights.
- Materials – The materials used in the temporary sports facilities play a big role in their appearance, functionality, and cost. The common materials used for these structures include steel frames and fabric although panels made of PVC and other materials are also used. Check what materials your preferred service provider has to offer.
- Design – The client plays a major part in the design when buying customized sports structures. But the type of sports could dictate the materials used as well. Whatever design you choose, ensure that the sports facilities are functional and large enough to comfortably accommodate all activities.
- Size – The size of the sports structures is very important. First, ensure they are big enough as mentioned to serve the intended purpose. If you are buying modular sports halls, consider the activities they will be used for to buy the perfect one. The experts usually advise you on the size of the structures depending on your needs.
- Innovative features – Temporary sports structures are generally large and need various amenities to make them completely useful. These include lighting, ventilation, and any other as needed. Some might be branded to promote products. There could be other innovative features as well.
- Costs – The cost of buying or renting temporary sports facilities varies depending on many factors. It is important that you make the right considerations and also check around to find structures that are affordable. Fortunately, these structures are generally affordable compared to permanent structures.
Benefits of Temporary Sports Facilities
Temporary sports facilities come with a lot of benefits to the users. Many institutions can attest to this. But to make it clearer, here are the top benefits of using temporary structures for sports.
- Saving on costs – The biggest benefit of using temporary structures is to save on costs. Generally, they are affordable whether you buy customized solutions or rent modular designs. According to experts, you are likely to save up to 40% when constructing these structures.
- Time-saving solution – Do you have an urgent need to house sports activities? It is easy to set up tents and canopies within a day or a few. Just like other temporary structures, you can save a lot of time with these structures.
- Flexibility – Most schools can attest that temporary sports facilities are the most flexible sports structures on the market. Apart from being used for a variety of indoor sports such as table tennis, hockey, volleyball, and others, students can use them for a number of learning activities and also gathering for other purposes.
- They fit aesthetically – Whether you incorporate temporary sports facilities in other buildings or install them outdoors, they fit perfectly in regard to design and color choice flexibility. But the builder and the client have to be innovative enough.
We have shared important insights about these structures, and we hope that it helps you make the right decision for your school, sports club, or client. As hinted, you can buy customized sports structures or hire simple modular designs for the same purpose. Regardless, the service provider will supply your temporary sports facilities within no time and erect them for you.