How to unblock a user on Instagram – 5 important points
The popularity of the social network Instagram is gaining momentum every day. At the same time, the number of users spamming is also growing. They annoyingly comment on photos, give likes. Is there an escape from them? Yes! It’s blocking (or banning in another way). By the way, you can also ban users from whom you want to hide news on your page.
A few words about blocking on Instagram
Blocking will shut down access to your account. A blocked user will not be able to view your videos, photos, leave comments. If you suddenly want to remove him from the blacklist, you can do it in a few minutes.
- Instagram app;
- Instagram website.
The only inconvenience with blocking and unblocking is the need to visit the user’s profile. Unfortunately, Instagram does not allow you to make lists of blocked users.
Want to hide your profile from unwanted visitors? Then use the “Closed Account” feature.
Users will be able to leave you a request and you will decide whether or not to allow them access to your profile.
Don’t forget that there is a good opportunity for your account to raise the number of likes, views, Instagram subscribers from the service provider lowcostsmm.com. You can also get comments, bots, shaers and dislikes, which will be useful for your YouTube channel, if you have one.
How to block a user through the app: step-by-step instructions
- Launch Instagram on your phone, enter your username and password for your profile;
- Open the profile of the user you want to block. You can access it in the following ways:
a. open the feed, the private chat, the list of recommended users, the comments section and click on the user’s name;
b. find the magnifying glass icon (it’s at the bottom of the screen), enter the name of the user you want to block, click “Search”.
- In the upper right corner, find the button:
a. “⋮” – for Android;
b. “…” – for iPhone.
- Select the “Block (user)” option. To confirm your decision, click “Yes, I confirm”. The user will be banned and will not be able to view your news. You, on the other hand, will be able to do so.
- Have you reconsidered your decision and want to unblock the user’s access to view your page? Go to the user’s page under the ban, click the same buttons, but this time select the “Unblock” option or click the button next to the avatar.
- Want to limit access to your page to the person who blocked you? Look up the likes he gave you, click the icon with his picture, and add his profile to your blacklist. If he did not leave you likes and comments, try to find him among your friends’ followers. The next steps are the same as in the previous blocking options.
How to block and unblock a user via Instagram
- Go to the Instagram site, enter your username and password for your account.
- Find the profile of the user you want to block.
- Next to the “Subscribe/Subscribe” button, click the “…” button. Select the “For(time)block user” option.
Instagram does not notify users that they have been blocked. A list of people who have unsubscribed from them is also not available. Have you reconsidered your decision? Just go to the user’s personal page and click “Subscribe” or “Unblock”, but from your iPhone or Android phone!
Unblock a user if he is not found
It happens that users who are on the blacklist change their nickname and it’s not that easy to find them (or for some other reason). Let’s look at a few options:
- Revisit your posts, perhaps there are still comments or likes from that person;
- Look at photos of third parties where there should be likes or comments;
- If you know each other personally and the relationship is not so damaged that you can’t ask for a small favor. Then ask to like or comment on the page of the 3rd person.
After that, go to the user’s page and remove it from the blacklist, as described above.
How to set up a “Closed Account”
If you don’t want to share photos and videos with the public, it’s a good idea to keep your profile private. How do I do this?
- You can only manage your privacy through the social networking app. Log into Instagram through your phone.
- Go to your personal profile. Find the user’s silhouette at the bottom of the screen.
- On the top right, click the “⋮” button or the gear icon. Go to settings and put an icon next to the “Closed Account” line. The social network will ask you to confirm your decision.
Now only approved users will be able to view your profile.
A few facts about blocking on Instagram
- If you have blocked a user, you will still be able to visit their page and view their news. Of course, as long as he doesn’t get banned in return.
- After blocking, the user does not receive notifications.
- A great alternative to blocking is to change your account.
- After the ban, all comments and likes from the blocked user will remain on your page.
Complaints on Instagram
If a user is tagging you in photos, or is obsessively sending you photos, videos, or comments, complain about them. Go to their page and click on the three buttons. You’ll see a menu where you can click on the “Complain” line.
If you don’t want to view a particular member’s posts, but still want to be a subscriber, you can use the “Ignore Postings” feature. This will be available once you go to the member’s page.
Locking and unlocking on Instagram are features that its members use quite often. Not every person who has registered on the social network is ready to show photos and videos to all users. To solve this problem, you can simply limit access to the profile or close access to it to certain individuals. If you suddenly reconsider your decision, you can unblock them at any time.