You are on the right page if you have been looking for the best riding lawn mower for the money as we have listed powerful machines which would make mowing your lawn very easy and fast.
These riding lawn mowers which we have listed here are suitable for use on large areas of land and the reason why we are focused on riding lawn mowers is simply that they are preferred alternatives compared to walk behind mowers.
Riding lawn mowers are the best any gardener can settle for if he is looking to invest in a machine that would help him save energy and time when mowing his lawn but the truth is deciding which riding lawn mower you want to settle for can be a bit confusing. To help you make a smart decision, you can visit BestofMachinery for more information.
Finding a suitable model can be tough sometimes as they have different designs, specifications and even features.
There are also some very reputable brands that we have listed in our best riding lawn mower for the money and putting all of these together might make it very confusing in settling for a perfect option.
Luckily enough for you, we have taken the stress away for you and brought you this review which after reading will equip you with all the information you need in finding the right lawnmower for you.
Best Riding Lawn Mower For The Money – Buying Guide And Recommendation
We have come up with this list on the best riding lawn mower for the money and if you are ready to work with ease when mowing your lawn then keep reading this detailed review which would also serve as a guide in helping you find the right model for you. Check them out below;
Best Riding Lawn Mower For The Money Review
1. Husqvarna YTH18542 Hydrostatic Riding Mower
This riding lawn mower from the Husqvarna company is at the top of our best riding lawn mower for the money review and this is one lawnmower designed to be easy to use and powerful which would work on landscapes with ease as if one is just riding in a car.
Having a strong build backed up with so many features, one would attest to the fact that this is the best option anyone can settle for and talking about features, we are talking about having easy startups, having a maintenance-free design, an auto choke feature and many more.
This riding lawn mower has a rear differential which boosts up traction especially when riding on wet grass and thanks to its two anti-scalp wheels, riders are assured that their turf would be fully protected from damage.
There is so much comfort to enjoy while riding in this lawnmower as it features a steering wheel with a comfortable grip, a high back seat that is easy to adjust and also an ergonomic design.
Users would enjoy riding in this lawnmower as it offers riders maximum control right at their fingertips.
- Its has a rear differential that enhances traction
- Comes with a forty-two-inch cutting deck
- Specially designed for comfort
2. Husqvarna Z254 Zero Turn Riding Mower
This is still from the Husqvarna company and we know that the Husqvarna company makes quality products.
This lawnmower right here is another example of their top quality product which has a powerful cutting edge design, able to produce an impressive performance overall and also able to get work done in less time makes this riding lawn mower worthy of making our best riding lawn mower for the money review.
This riding lawn mower features a Kohler 7000 series engine which also has a chrome-plated finish, reliable air filtration system, large cooling fan, bearing surfaces and more which doesn’t just make this lawnmower powerful but also contributes to its durability.
Spending too much time on maintaining the Husqvarna Z254 lawn mower is not possible as it already features a zero-turn maintenance-free transmission.
Drawing air from the top to the bottom is also another amazing feature of this lawn mower as it helps in enhancing grass lift so as to ensure an exceptional cutting performance. Users would also find this lawn mower easy to use.
- Reliable and powerful
- Offers a smooth operation
- Maintenance-free operation
- Features a reinforced steel cutting deck
- Doesn’t come with headlights
3. Husqvarna YTA24V48 Pedal Tractor Mower
I bet by now, seeing the third product on this list would make you surprised but you shouldn’t be and it is no coincidence as well that all three of the riding lawn mowers that we have talked about are all from the Husqvarna company.
This should only tell you that the Husqvarna company can be trusted to make only quality tools that would meet up with customer needs and expectations.
The YTA24V48 lawnmower offers only quality results and performance and that is why it is a part of our ten best riding lawn mower for the money review.
This is a high-performance garden tool that is capable of producing impressive gardening results and we would also not forget to mention how powerful and versatile this lawnmower is.
The Husqvarna lawn mower is one that doesn’t need too much power for startups and has a choke less start design which in turn rewards this lawnmower with the much-needed cutting power.
With this riding lawn mower, mowing grasses would be a lot easier than you think.
- Delivers a maintenance-free operation
- Features a wide forty-eight-inch cutting deck
- Delivers consistent cut always
- Customers are not impressed with its warranty
- Not suitable for winter use
4. Husqvarna YTH24V54 Hydrostatic Riding Mower
Thanks to having an outstanding performance, impressive power, long-lasting build as well as being extremely versatile, the Husqvarna YTH24V54 hydrostatic riding mower finds its way to our best riding lawn mower for the money review and you can finally say that the Husqvarna company has maintained its legacy of making only quality riding mowers over the years.
What most users love about this riding lawn mower is its cruise control design which takes away the worry of trying to maintain perfect speed and helps you focus on getting the job at hand done and coming with other notable Husqvarna accessories, you can trust that this is the type of lawnmower that can be used for basically anything.
It comes with a fifty-four-inch cutting deck which offers the desired amount of strength required in mowing grasses easily.
This lawnmower would endure years of heavy use as it was designed bearing durability in mind.
- Offers a cruise control feature for ease of use
- Less maintenance
- Offers smooth rides
- This lawnmower gets broken easily
- Also requires constant repairs
5. Troy-Bilt 540cc Briggs & Stratton Intek Riding Lawn Mower
Having a large engine exterior at its front simply means that this is the kind of riding lawn mower that would get work done on a two-acre of land in about forty-five minutes while having a 540cc Briggs and Stratton engine means that this lawnmower is backed up with a foot pedal automatic transmission design which makes running or operation smooth as well as making this lawnmower less stressful to use. It is ideal for all kinds of mowing jobs.
Furthermore, this lawn mower comes with a non-slip foot pad that helps users disembark and embark easily and thanks to having well-balanced steering and seat, comfort and control are some of the amazing benefits that riders would enjoy each time they decide to mow their lawn using the Troy Bilt 540cc riding lawnmower.
It however comes with a two-year warranty which proves that this lawnmower is such a reliable option to settle for.
- Impressive build and controls
- Has a flawless engine
- Perfect for working on large lands
- Offers a smooth operation
- Has tons of power
- Blade gets loosened easily
6. Ariens 915223 IKON-X Mower 23hp Kawasaki FR691 Series
What we have right here is the ARIENS 915223 IKON zero turn mower which features a fifty-two-inch cutting deck that makes sure it delivers an outstanding cutting experience while other features like having a ten gauge steel make this mower a good option for mowing about three acres of land.
It features a very powerful four-stroke engine that has pistons that are arranged in a V-shape which makes them deliver a silent and efficient operation. It also comes with an electronic spark ignition that guarantees quick starts even during cold weather conditions.
Its height that can be easily adjusted is simply one of its best features as it ensures that grasses of various height can be cut with ease and it also implies that no matter the type of terrain or type of grass, this mower can be trusted to do the necessary work.
Having a bag or mulching is also permitted when working with the ARIENS IKON 915223 zero turn mower.
- Features a very durable frame
- Has a zero-turn cutting radius
- Comes with rugged wheels
- Its seats are well padded for comfort
- Makes little noise when turning it on
7. Husqvarna MZ61 27 HP Briggs & Stratton Hydrostatic Mower
This lawnmower from the Husqvarna company is considered to be a giant mower in the field of mowing and coming with a lot of power simply means that this is the type of lawnmower that has all that you need so help tend to your lawn.
It is greatly designed for reliability and comfort and this is also another reason why we believe this is the best riding lawn mower for the money.
Having a V-Twin engine means having more power and efficiency which would make sure all parts of the lawn are being attended to.
What’s more, the Husqvarna MZ61 hydrostatic lawn mower also has a 61 inches cutting deck made of steel which is very durable and users can trust this three-blade cutting system to deliver superb grass cutting performance.
Its steel is very durable so there is no need to be worried about it rusting anytime soon and we would not forget to talk about its seat which is designed to offer comfort.
- Features a three-blade cutting system for delivering effective cuts
- Comes with an hour meter
- Features low, medium and high grass cut schemes
- Badly packaged
8. Ryobi 38 inches Rear Engine Riding Lawn Mower RY48111
The next best riding lawn mower that we would like to show to you is the RY48111 rear engine riding lawn mower from RYOBI which is powered using a reliable battery that offers a run time of about three hours and thanks to its brushless motor as well as nineteen inches twin cutting blades, the RYOBI RY48111 riding lawn mower would deliver clean grass cutting action without generating or creating any form of noise.
What tends to leave users intrigued about the RYOBI riding lawn mower is its rear-wheel-drive transmission which also supports various type of grass cutting capabilities and before we forget, this riding lawn mower also features a tight cutting radius combined with a top speed of 8MPH which makes sure all mowing jobs are done not just comfortably but also quickly.
We also love the fact that this lawnmower has a compact size meaning it would not use up too much space in one’s garage.
- Uses up less space for storage
- Features two brushless motors
- Features a steel frame
- Delivers a silent operation
9. Troy-Bilt Mustang 46 22HP 46-Inch Zero-Turn Mower
This is another great option when considering the best lawn mower for the money and what we have right here is the Troy Bilt Mustang 22HP zero turn mower which is designed to be very functional compared to even higher priced lawn mowers and this is one lawnmower that has a 22HP Briggs and Stratton V-Twin engine which is capable of providing much-required speed and power that makes this mower capable of delivering an impressive cutting performance.
There are certain lawnmowers that are not ideal for cutting down tall grasses but that isn’t the case with this lawnmower from Troy Bilt as it features forty-six inches wide improved cutting deck which guarantees taking down even the tallest of grasses while its bag can be easily attached so as to collect leaves that are falling off.
This lawnmower also comes with a three-year warranty and this is the reason why most people rely on this lawnmower.
- Comes with a powerful engine
- Comes with a three-year warranty backing
- Delivers an efficient cutting performance
- Customer Service isn’t reliable
10. Ariens Zoom 34 – 19hp Kohler 6000 Series Lawn Mower
Lastly, we are rounding up our best riding lawn mower for the money review with the ARIENS ZOOM Kohler 6000 series lawn mower and trust me when I say it has incredible height adjustment which is also a major reason why it is part of this interesting review.
Its cutting deck has three sharp blades that would effectively take down tall grasses and its deck can be increased to as far as seven heights so it could take down overgrown grasses.
Another feature that has left users impressed with this lawn mower is its Kohler 19HP 6000 series engine and one interesting thing about this engine is it makes use of an oil filter that helps in protecting the engine from getting contaminated with oils that are adulterated.
This mower has a warranty of three years and this warranty information tells you what type of lawnmower you are dealing with right here.
In addition, this lawnmower also comes with a snug seat designed to offer users maximum comfort at all times and this seat also has a perfect height which makes sure the driver is able to reach all of the controls.
- Has a zero turning radius
- Comes with a comfortable driver seat
- Has a three-year warranty
- Height can be easily adjusted
Interesting Read – Best Full Suspension Mountain Bike
How To Start Up Riding Lawn Mowers
Starting up lawn mowers is actually a very easy thing to do as today we have smooth automatic transmissions, powerful engines and also electronic systems and most riding lawn mowers models on the market today would start-up in just a few seconds.
Starting up your lawnmowers simply requires you to adjust your cutting deck’s cutting height to a more preferred setting and it is also evident that many models nowadays also come with fender-mounted levers which makes adjusting very easy.
After this has been done, climbing into the rider’s seat is the next thing to do and then push the start button or in other cases, press the turn on the switch.
Riding lawn mowers do not require anyone to make use of a clutch or even shift gears when moving forward or reversing or even changing gears but it would normally require every rider to make use of a foot pedal when he wants to decrease or increase speed.
There are also several riding lawn mower models that now come with various cruise controls that make riding in a lawnmower very easy.
Things To Look Out For When Shopping For Riding Lawn Mowers
One of the easiest ways that you can work on large lawns is by owning a riding lawn mower as they are built specially to deliver professional results with just little amount of effort compared to the walk-behind lawnmowers.
However, before you go out and purchase, there are lots of factors that need to be considered and after considering these options, we believe that finding the best riding lawn mower for you would be very easy. Here are the factors below;
- Engine Horsepower – This is the best way anyone can describe the power output of every engine and this power is what is being shared between some important parts of a riding lawn mower like the mowers cutting blade and its drive transmission. The higher the amount of horsepower an engine provides then the higher amount of power that would be shared as well as providing adequate cutting power in getting jobs done quickly.
- Fuel Capacity – This refers to the amount of gas a riding lawn mower tank would be able to hold. In most cases, this is done in accordance or in correlation to the size of the riding lawn mower being considered but what you need to be concerned with is not settling for a riding lawn mower with fuel capacity that would not be able to work on your lawn adequately. The last thing anyone needs when mowing their lawn is stopping halfway and for this reason, mowers with small fuel capacity are best for small-sized lawns while large fuel capacity mower is good for large lawns.
- Cutting Width – A riding lawn mowers cutting width strictly depends on how much amount of grass can be taken down in just one pass but the truth is the size of the yard is what needs to be considered before anyone can figure this out. So, if you have a lawn that is small and also with spots that are difficult to reach then you should consider going for a riding lawn mower that has a smaller cutting width.
- Transmission – What transmission means is simply the ability of a mower to be able to transfer power from the engine straight to the wheels which in turn makes it possible for the mower to move either in forwarding direction or in the reverse direction. There are three options available and they include hydrostatic, automatic, and manual transmissions.
Conclusion – Top Pick
If you intend settling for a premium option then the Husqvarna YTH18542 model which holds the top spot in this review is one option for you to settle for as it is the most powerful and the most reliable option on the market today.
If you want to make mowing fast and simple then this is the perfect mower for use and it is also a good option for homeowners and not just professionals. It is also a maintenance-free mower that delivers smooth operation.