Working around your home or in other people’s homes, chances are high that you would come in contact with a lot of drywall and in the last one hundred years since drywall turned out to be a preferred alternative to plaster and lath, it turned out to become one of the most popular material in most homes.
Having such a vast amount of drywall in our society then knowing how to work on it is important. Likewise knowing the best sander for drywall too is important.
Best Sander For Drywall – Buying Guide And Recommendation
Drywall sanders are useful tools that shape and make the wall smooth before any other work is carried out on such a surface. Before paint can be applied to drywall, it needs to be smooth as well as rough edges that also need to be shaped.
Mudding compound, old paint and rust need to be removed frequently and these are necessary tasks that need to be done before working on drywall.
High demand for sander for drywall has led several top class companies to manufacture various types of sanders for drywall and when carrying out our review, we ensured that we didn’t review similar tools.
Our review of the best sander for drywall features valuable and high-quality tools that would ensure the required tasks get carried out. Come with us and check out the best sander for drywall;
Best Sander For Drywall Review
1. PORTER-CABLE 7800 4.7 Amp Drywall Sander
Just as the name goes, the Porter-Cable brand is one with a good reputation and exceptional quality and weighing just about nine pounds while measuring also at five feet long, the Porter-Cable 7800 drywall sander is a very lightweight product and it is quite lightweight than most products we encountered when rounding up products for this review.
Thanks to its even weight distribution, this tool doesn’t only maintain nice passes but it is also easy to control.
Having an effective dust collection system is another interesting feature that would capture the hearts of most users as its vacuum head is designed to such dust constantly as work goes on.
Working with tools like this is bound to make a mess but its dust collection system makes sure the dust is collected as it drops. The effectiveness and durability of this product is the reason why this tool is recommended strictly for professionals.
Its long and nice handle combined with a lightweight design makes it really easy to work with this tool conveniently as it can be used to work all round ceilings without hurting the back of the hands.
- Durability and quality product
- Exceptional lightweight
- The best for contractors and professionals
- When used properly, its dust collection system functions properly
- Its handle length isn’t adjustable
- Its vacuum hose doesn’t fit most extractors
- Its handle doesn’t really offer a good grip
2. POWER-PRO 2100 Electric Drywall Sander
A handle capable of extending to 5.5 feet, high RPM’s and also a variable speed motor are some of the amazing features of the Power Pro 2100 sander for drywall and all of these features contribute to why this tool proves to be a powerful and versatile tool.
It is one of the best tools that can be used to work on ceilings and being made from strong but yet lightweight plastic and aluminum materials make this tool stand the test of time.
Being lightweight means that it would not leave any strain on the back or arms but one special feature about this tool is its outstanding head design that ensures this sander rotates in every direction when working on ceilings.
This tool can also be trusted to work in strange angles or angles that are difficult to access thanks to its pivoting head while its speed can be adjusted so as to fit a particular task and get it done fast.
A lot of extras come with this package including different sandpaper discs, vacuum hose, carrying bag and more. However, all of these features and extras can also be gotten at a very affordable price.
- Features high RPM’s
- Its lightweight design makes it easy to hold
- Its handle can be extended to reach up to 5.5 feet
- Most users have some complaints about its vacuum
- Its RPM is low enough to work on soft materials
3. WEN 6369 Variable Speed 5 Amp Drywall Sander
Another known brand that makes high-quality sander for drywall is the WEN brand and the WEN 6369 sander for drywall is one that goes for a very reasonable price.
It is very lightweight as it weighs just about nine pounds while its handle can be adjusted to reach about five feet.
The combination of being lightweight and having an easy to adjust handle makes it simple to work with and also easy to work on the ceiling without stressing the back and hands.
What people would love about this sander from WEN is its pivoting head as it enables this sander to swivel in various directions and what’s more, this pivoting head is the main reason behind this sander being able to work on ceilings, tight corners and tight spaces.
Once this tool gets delivered, work can begin right away as it comes with every necessary accessory needed to start work with.
It comes with additional sanding discs and sanding pads which is actually a good thing because the chances of getting a good one in stores are very slim.
- Offers superb value for the money spent on it
- Lightweight design
- Its telescoping handle length can be adjusted
- It also features a pivoting head that makes it easy to work in tight spaces
- Its replacement pads are quite difficult to find
- There are also negative reviews regarding its dust collection system
4. ALEKO 690E Electric Variable Speed Drywall Sander
This sander for drywall is one of the most powerful sanders we have ever come across as even though it sells at an affordable price, its level of performance is of high standards. It comes with a vacuum hose as well as additional sander discs so one can start making use of it immediately it arrives.
Based on what this tool cost, it would be quite surprising to find out how excellent this tool works and its 9-inch disc helps in covering a lot of the work area.
It features a telescoping handle that makes it very easy to work on ceilings but considering the weight of this tool, there might also be some difficulty in working on ceilings with this tool.
Being heavy also makes it difficult to have a comfortable grip while working with the ALEKO electric variable drywall sander so it is also advised that one needs to have gloves on when working with this tool.
Getting it into tight spaces and corners also proves to be quite tricky but despite these minor setbacks, this tool is still the best option for working on home projects and also considering the fact that much doesn’t need to be spent in order to acquire this product.
- Comes with a telescoping handle that makes ceilings easy to access
- Assembly is easy
- Comes with extra six sanding discs
- This tool doesn’t have low RPM settings required for working on softer surfaces
- Very heavy tool
5. Festool 571935 Drywall Sander LHS-E 225 EQ PLANEX
The name FESTOOL gives you an insight into the type of product you are looking at. FESTOOL is a high-quality brand that is interested in the making of premium products and that is exactly what this tool is all about exceptional and outstanding quality.
This tool has an intuitive but easy to set up a control system that doesn’t just make this tool simple to work with but also makes sure desired results are obtained.
Having a perfect balance combined with less weight also makes it convenient to work with as there are no chances of feeling hand fatigue or stress in any way.
Here is something interesting about this tool and that is its flexible head design which also makes sanding an easy process as well as providing freedom of movement when working with this tool.
- This is an industrial-grade tool
- Best for professionals and contractors
- Its dust extraction design is superb
- Dust vacuum needs to be bought separately
- Has a high price range
6. ZENY 800W Electric Drywall Sander
For people who engage in occasional do it yourself chores, the ZENY electric sander is the ideal tool for such people and here is what we want our readers to know about this product, this tool isn’t a good option for professional use due to its heavyweight and also as a result if its spare parts being unavailable in shops.
Its speed can be adjusted and has a rubber grip is also another interesting feature as it makes this tool quite easy to handle.
Furthermore, the handle comes with a control feature or control buttons placed very close to the grip and the main aim of this control button is to ensure that difficulties are not encountered when working with this tool.
This is a cheap tool that features a build that isn’t of quality like some products we have talked about already in this review but its weight is a feature that is of concern to anyone looking forward to settling with this tool.
- Has a speed adjustable feature
- Very easy to operate and handle
- Best for doing it yourself tasks
- Has a cheap quality build
- Its spare parts are hard to find
- Its excessive weight makes it difficult to work with
7. Festool 575219 Planex LHS 225 Drywall Sander
Another tool from FESTOOL to make it to our best sander for drywall review is the Festool 575219 Planex Drywall Sander tool and this tool comes with exciting features but couldn’t make it to the top of this review based on its high price point.
For those who want a high-quality sander for drywall and are not shopping on a budget should consider this tool as it has all the necessary features to make work smooth and easy.
Surfaces would look smooth in few minutes while working with this tool from FESTOOL and having an extendable handle makes it easy to work on higher spaces while this same handle can be collapsed to work on lower spaces.
This feature helps in saving time that would be spent on setting up the ladder and the rest but the only shortcoming we have on this product is its weight.
- This sander has a dustless design
- Its handle can be collapsed and extended
- Has an impressive build quality
- Also features a speed adjustment design
8. Best Choice Products Drywall Sander 710 Watts
This is one of the durable sanders for drywall that we have come across as it features an aluminum frame which makes it tougher than some products that we have come across.
This tool also comes with a handle that can be gripped with ease and what’s more, it would not slip away from the hands when in use because of vibrations.
Its powerful motor that ensures steady operation is the main reason why it has made it to our review.
Just like some sander for drywall that we have talked about in this review, this sander from best choice has a variable speed feature as it features about six variable speeds which makes sanding a more efficient process.
One major concern about this tool is its heavyweight as it weighs about sixteen pounds.
- Comes with an easy to adjust speed control design
- Comes with a vacuum hose
- Its aluminum handle is easy to grip
- Features a powerful rotating motor
- Low-quality build
- Too much weight
- Doesn’t have a proper instructional manual
9. Comie 750W Drywall Sander Commercial Electric
This is one of the best contenders in our best sander for drywall review and this is because of the fact that it has exceptional value combined with an excellent price point.
This is one sander with a portable handle that comes with a superb grip and this grip makes sure that this tool would be moved around with ease without feeling additional pressure on the arms.
It also features an excellent dust collection system which makes the work less stressful and much more convenient and guess what, having a pivotal head also makes working with this tool easier as difficult to reach spaces can be accessed.
This is the perfect tool for commercial and for home purposes and this is because of its variable speed design.
- Has a lightweight design
- Ideal for home and commercial use
- Has unique dust collecting hose
- Comes with a speed control feature
- None for now
10. Goplus 750W Drywall Sander
The construction of this tool is top of its class as it features specially treated metal surfaces, polyamide shells and handles, a heavy-duty aluminum frame and also metal surfaces that are resistant to corrosion and rust.
All of these features explain why this tool lasts longer than most sander for drywall tools on the market. This tool is durable thanks to all of these features which ensures it withstands long-term and rough use.
Its motor is a high-quality one that is capable of providing the power required for this tool to function while its six-speed adjustments ensure that this tool serves different purposes.
Its dust collection hose takes away the worry about dust when working as it doesn’t just keep the working environment clean but also makes sure that time isn’t wasted.
Its handle also has a firm grip that makes it easy to move about and lastly, this handle length can also be adjusted to fit a particular kind of work.
- Eliminates dust
- Makes sanding work easy
- Saves time whether you are a contractor or a do it yourself kind of person
- Low-quality brush
- Its hose works in an awkward manner
Best Sander For Drywall Buying Guide
One thing we want our readers to know is that sanders for drywall are all built to serve the same purpose and what purpose are we talking about here, preparing walls for decoration. Even if it is plaster or drywall, sanders make sure that they do not only look smooth but also make sure that they look good.
Holes, seams, and patches all need to be worked on before paint is applied to the drywall. This is the point where a sander for drywall comes in.
Detail sanders for drywall are the best when working your way into tight edges and tight corners but electric sanders would work on the rest part of the wall in just a few minutes.
These types of jobs, when done using the hand, would take up so many hours and effort so a drywall sander is a good option if you want to save yourself some stress.
Here are some factors that need to be considered before making a payment for a sander for drywall.
- Weight – This is without any argument the most important factor that needs to be carefully looked at if the sander is heavy then it would be difficult to work with it for long hours or to complete tasks. If you would be working on ceilings then you do not need a heavy sander as you would need to lift your hands up when working.
- Flexibility – A sander for drywall with a flexible head simply means that users can make use of such a tool to work in compact and tight spaces. However, this doesn’t mean that some touch-up sanding using the hands would not be necessary but an electric sander helps with better coverage.
- RPM’s – Sander for drywall that has higher RPM’s means that every task handed to it would be done quicker and faster and sander with higher RPM’s are actually a good option for professional workers or for contractors but not really for carrying out tasks around ones home.
If you take a look at the market, you would find out that there are numerous sanders for drywall and we have done our best to make sure that you are provided with the required information and knowledge that would help you find the best sander for drywall tool suitable for you.
If you go through our best sander for drywall buying guide which also contains some factors that you should look out for then you would have an idea of what you really want.